It is critical to maintaining the freshness of pacifiers and bottles in order to keep your kid from contracting infections or catching unneeded microorganisms. However, taking appropriate care of your baby’s bottles is also very important to guarantee that the materials used to make them do not deteriorate prematurely and that they do not spoil or lose quality.
Today, we’re going to give you some ideas from Baby Shop Ireland on how to care for your baby bottles and teats so that they last as long as possible. Your infant will be happy and safe, as will you.
10 tips to ensure that your baby bottles are always great
If you follow these tips your baby’s bottles will undoubtedly last much longer in perfect condition.
- Before handling your baby’s bottles and teats thoroughly wash your hands. Hand washing eliminates the possibility of germs and ensures the sanitation of bottles and their accessories.
- The bottle should be changed every two months, and the teats every 20 to 25 days. The most convenient feature is that you have numerous teats and bottles to use alternately when necessary.
- When exposed to extreme heat and direct sunshine for an extended period of time bottle nipples can be harmed and even deformed. To keep them in good condition keep them in a cool dark place.
- If your bottle’s teat is made of latex avoid boiling it for an extended period of time when sterilizing it since this might create more wear and tear and cause the material to lose its qualities.
- Never use alcohol-containing detergents or disinfectants to clean and sanitize your bottles and teats. Alcohol can adversely deteriorate the nipple and bottle materials’ integrity. It is advisable to use a particular detergent for bottles and teats that does not contain alcohol or scents such as the specialized detergent bottles and teats.
- Plastic bottles can be heated in the microwave but if you do it all the time the material will last less because the microwave accelerates the aging process.
- To sanitize the bottles you must first separate all of the pieces before using any of the sterilizers’ thread, lid, nipple, and bottle. This guarantees that every groove and corner is sterilized appropriately. An electric sterilizer is another excellent alternative for sanitizing infant bottles.
- Your bottle cannot be sterilized in the microwave if it is made of polyamide Examine the bottle’s substance a triangle with the initials PA will appear at the bottom of the bottle. If this is the case take additional techniques to keep it from being harmed.
- We do not advocate washing the bottles in the dishwasher due to the high temperatures reached and the chemicals used.
- The manner and frequency of sterilization can have an impact on bottle designs and coatings. Keep in mind that we utilize non-toxic and baby-friendly materials that are slightly less resistant at Babyshop Ireland. The amusing cartoons on our bottles and pacifiers will be affected depending on what you clean them with or how violently you scrub it.
Now that you’ve learned how to care for your baby bottles, we invite you to browse our selection of bottles and accessories. You’ll find the most creative and unique designs, and you may even personalize them.